Sport I'd take McGregor in two says De La Hoya

02:52  15 november  2017
02:52  15 november  2017 Source:   AFP

Retired boxer calls out McGregor

  Retired boxer calls out McGregor Retired former boxing world champion Oscar De La Hoya says he'll knock out UFC champion Conor McGregor in two rounds. Speaking on "Golden Boy Radio with Tattoo and the Crew", the 44-year-old said he’d been secretly preparing for return to the ring."You know I'm competitive," De La Hoya said. "I still have it in me. I've been secretly training, secretly training. I'm faster than ever and stronger than ever. I know I can take out I'll come back for that fight. Two rounds. Just one more [fight]. I'm calling him out. Two rounds, that's all I need. That's all I'm going to say.

I know I can take out Conor McGregor in two rounds. De La Hoya said he would only consider fighting McGregor under boxing rather than MMA rules. "Let's get it straight: In the cage, he would freaking destroy me ," De La Hoya said .

Oscar De La Hoya says he has been "secretly training" eight years on from his retirement and believes he would defeat Conor McGregor within two rounds if the pair clashed in the ring. The Boxing Hall of Famer, hung up his gloves as a professional boxer in 2009

Former boxer Oscar De La Hoya, seen in June 2017, flirted with the idea of a comeback in June 2015 only to rule it out a week later© Provided by AFP Former boxer Oscar De La Hoya, seen in June 2017, flirted with the idea of a comeback in June 2015 only to rule it out a week later

Retired boxing world champion Oscar De La Hoya has said he would be ready to step back in the ring to face mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor.

The 44-year-old fighter turned promoter, who has not fought since being battered to defeat by Manny Pacquiao in 2008, said he has been "secretly training" and is confident he could beat UFC champion McGregor.

"You know I'm competitive," De La Hoya said on 'Golden Boy Radio with Tattoo and the Crew', a daily digital radio show.

Ewan McGregor’s Estranged Wife Breaks Silence on Rumoured Split

  Ewan McGregor’s Estranged Wife Breaks Silence on Rumoured Split Ewan McGregor ’s estranged wife, Eve Mavrakis, has finally broken her silence on the couple’s rumoured split.Mavrakis, 51, responded to an Instagram user on Friday, November 10, who commented on a photo she posted in October celebrating a friend’s birthday. In the comments, the fan inquired about Mavrakis and 46-year-old McGregor’s relationship status. The fan also criticized the actor for cozying up to his Fargo co-star, Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

At 44-years-old, and with proper training for a return, he believes that it would take him no more than two rounds to put away McGregor . of himself. “Yeah [ I would beat McGregor ]. It can’t go more than two rounds,” De La Hoya said .

Former boxer Oscar De La Hoya , seen in June 2017, flirted with the idea of a comeback in June 2015 only to rule it out a week later (AFP Photo/Brad Barket). More.

"I still have it in me. I've been secretly training. I'm faster than ever and stronger than ever. I know I can take out Conor McGregor in two rounds. I'll come back for that fight. Two rounds. Just one more (fight). I'm calling him out. Two rounds, that's all I need. That's all I'm going to say."

De La Hoya flirted with the idea of a comeback in June 2015 only to rule it out a week later.

The 1992 Olympic gold medallist, a 10-time world champion, was one of the loudest critics of McGregor's foray into boxing earlier this year, when he lost a money-spinning duel with Floyd Mayweather.

McGregor, 29, was knocked out in the 10th round of that fight, which De La Hoya derided as a "circus" and a "farce".

De La Hoya said he would only consider fighting McGregor under boxing rather than MMA rules.

"Let's get it straight: In the cage, he would freaking destroy me," De La Hoya said. "Only in the ring.

"I've been working out for the last five months. (My confidence) is how I feel now from my training. I don't know what it is, but I'll tell you now that I've never felt so good before in my life."

Biting allegation mars Jillaroos WC win .
Australia have defeated England 38-0 at the women's Rugby League World Cup with Jillaroos centre Isabelle Kelly accused of biting.The Jillaroos sent a clear message to the rest of the tournament with an eight tries-to-none defeat of the Lionesses in Sydney on Sunday which ensured they will finish top of pool A.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!